Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Journey of a Thousand Miles....And Then Some

My husband and I knew from the moment we met that we were for each other.  That kind of knowing is so special and so rare.  There is a part of a woman and me specifically that knows I am designed to be a mother.  I am designed to love, nurture, and grow my child up in God's love and heritage that has been passed down through both of our God loving families. 

Psalm 127:3 "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward."

To me one of the greatest tasks God has appointed me to do in my short life is this:

"And God blessed them.  And God said to the, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth."  Genesis 1:28

God's calling on my life is to be fruitful and to multiply and I am trusting Him to honor that promise to us.  I have spent quite a bit of time in prayer and most of it has been tearful lately.  Since my surgery I have been in quite a bit of pain and it's sometimes hard to see past the pain (the seen) and look for the unseen.  Lately God has been speaking to me about peace and trust and thankfullness.

We have prayed and decided to try an IVF cycle.  We have our first appointment on April 10th, 2012.  It is very expensive and hard on a woman's body, but we feel this is the path that God has led us to and we are trying to trust Him through this.  It's a good thing His mercy is new everyday.

Andy and I are standing on several scriptures and using them to boost our faith, build our trust, fill us with peace, and give us courage to face the path that God has brought us to.  I created a video with pictures of us and other pictures I have taken of nature and have added all of those scriptures to them.  I hope that in some way you are blessed by watching it.  I pray that God will use our journey to reach others and that He will give me courage to show the love of Christ even when I feel hopeless.  <3


3 comments:

  1. Celina! You have the most beautiful spirit!!! I LOVE THIS! It's totally awesome and I love that song! I know it's difficult sometimes to find the joy in the every day...and to stay in the moment. But try to do that. And come visit us! Janelle will make you feel great! And if you want her for the summer....I'll let you take her for a bit! I love you! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! now my eyes are red and snot running from my nose! Seriously, very beautiful and well done! my prayers and tears are with you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! now my eyes are red and snot running from my nose! Seriously, very beautiful and well done! my prayers and tears are with you both

    ReplyDelete